Why the hell are the majority of people spending every cent they have, oftentimes more than what they have, on shit they don’t need?
At times, I feel like I’m the only sane person left on earth who is actually living within their means, or hell, well below their means by most standards.
Many people like to pat themselves on the back and say “bloody good job” when they manage to put away a paltry 10%* of their take home pay, somehow convincing themselves that the remaining 90% is fair game to spend on crap as they see fit. They tell themselves they’ve earned this right to waste the vast majority of their hard-earned money because they lead a stressful life, and the one week of pleasure they get from using the latest gadget they blew $500 on is far superior to the decades of stress-free freedom they could otherwise have if they just bloody saved more money. [Read more…] about Why Is Everyone So Hell Bent On Spending All Their Money?